Spicy Beef Chili
prepared by Kelly Sampson; recipe from Dad Sampson
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion
1 green bell pepper
2 15 ounce cans kidney beans
2 15 ounce cans Rotel
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
2 jars tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
garlic salt to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, brown the hamburger and jazz it up with a little garlic salt. Chop the meat up so that there aren't any large chunks. Dump in a crock pot.
2. Finely chop up an onion and a green pepper. Dump in the crock pot.
3. Drain a couple cans of kidney beans and toss them into the pot.
4. Add a couple cans of Rotel. We used "original."
5. Add a can of diced tomatoes. You can get the fancy ones with garlic or basil but it isn’t necessary.
6. Add a can of tomato sauce.
7. Add spices.
If you don’t have a crock pot, cook it on the stove over low heat. Stir occasionally you can do it on the stove, but it is best to cook it a long while over low heat stirring occasionally.