Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread


Until tasting this cornbread, I have never been a big fan of it. Our neighbor, Whitney, made this for a party that Jason and I got to attend. Every single thing we ate there was delicious, but this cornbread was definitely the culinary highlight for me. I asked her for the recipe, and she handed me her cookbook to borrow.

Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
barefoot contessa at home

In a large bowl, thoroughly combine:
3 cups flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt


In a medium bowl, lightly combine with a fork:
2 cups whole milk
3 large eggs
1 cup butter (2 sticks)

 Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

Mix in:
8 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons jalapenos, diced


Pour the batter into a greased 9x9 pan. Let sit for 20 minutes before placing in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment