Brian's Champion Chili
6 slices of thick cut bacon, chopped
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound turkey sausage
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 large yellow pepper, chopped
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon Mexican chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
40 ounces diced tomatoes
16 ounces tomato sauce
16 ounce black beans
16 ounce dark red Kidney beans
1 cup of beer [substitute gluten-free beer or chicken broth if necessary]
salt + pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, add bacon and garlic. Cook until bacon is crispy.
2. Add the onion, peppers, and spices. Cook until veggies are tender.
3. Add the ground turkey and turkey sausage. Cook until no pink remains.
4. Add tomatoes, beans, and beer.
5. Let cook for several hours on low-medium heat.