Monday, August 13, 2012

Zucchini + Rosemary Soup


I didn't have super high hopes for this soup, but I decided to give it a try because I'm tired of eating zucchini sautéed, fried, and grilled. When I gave Jason a spoonful to try, he, too, was impressed by its palate-pleasing qualities. The potatoes help give this soup a nice consistency without overwhelming the zucchini, and the rosemary is the perfect spice for this soup.

In addition to using our remaining zucchini, I also used the garlic, potatoes, and onion from our CSA, as well as chicken stock from my freezer! I felt sorta like a kitchen souperstar (don't judge me).

Zucchini + Rosemary Soup
adapted from epicurious

In a large skillet, melt:
3 tablespoons butter

Add:
1 stalk celery, diced
1 large onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, diced

Let cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are translucent.

Add:
3 medium zucchini, diced
Let cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.

Add:
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
5 cups chicken stock
4 small yukon potatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Cover an let simmer 15-20 minutes.

Working in batches, puree in blender.

Serve with homemade croutons. Garnish with fresh rosemary.

Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment