Sunday, August 12, 2012

Greek Salad


I'm not exactly sure why, but I've had my mind on making this salad all weekend. I thought I'd wait to have it for Sunday night dinner but it turned out I was too impatient to wait the extra six hours and we had it for Sunday lunch!

Greek Salad
Kelley Gondring

In a medium bowl, combine:
1 cup cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed, and coarsely diced
3/4 cup celery, coarsely diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/2 cup banana peppers
1/2 cup artichoke hearts
10-12 green or black olives (preferably pits removed)

(I am not a fan of raw tomatoes, but if you are add 1/2 cup coarsely diced roma tomatoes)

To make dressing, combine in a small bowl:
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 inch squirt of anchovy paste

Pour over veggies in the medium bowl and use spatula to evenly coat.


21 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped

Combine the lettuce and dressing/veggie in a large salad bowl. Toss and serve immediately. Serve with toasted pita points.

Eat up!





No comments:

Post a Comment